BARRIER PROVIDES ENERGIZED SOLUTIONS FOR DIABLO CANYON POWER PLANT.
PVC Single-Ply Roofing
PARTS WAREHOUSE, DIABLO CANYON NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
Security around nuclear power plants is understandably tight, and Barrier was faced with numerous restrictions while re-roofing the plant’s large parts warehouse. In addition to undergoing background checks and wearing ID badges, our crews were broken into small groups and accompanied by armed escorts at all times. We were challenged with replacing an old roof originally insulated with corrosive materials, but were limited to removing only as much of the old roof as we could replace the same day. All of this was done while working round-the-clock in a sensitive coastal environment, and consistently meeting strict EPA standards.
- Removed all gravel roofing and phenolic insulation down to bare metal
- Applied corrosion proof coating to substrate using a chute system
- Applied 2” Isoboard with 1/4” densdeck to secure every square foot for high wind
- Installed under a 60 mils fully adhered Sarnafil roof system
- Worked with contractor to clear out asbestos
Barrier was able to remove and replace the warehouse roof preventing damage to any of the $96 million in parts inside. Despite the security and environmental restrictions, the project was a resounding success.