When Costco needed to contain the cold, they called on Barrier.
COSTCO COLD STORAGE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
In addition to the sheer magnitude of insulating a 189,000 sq. ft. cold storage facility, we were challenged to perform our work while the structure was under construction. This required precise planning and careful coordination, as we applied polyurethane foam to the walls and ceiling while numerous other construction processes were taking place.
- Polyfoam spray insulation at 6” to ceiling and 3 1/2” to walls
- Ultrasafe thermal barrier bright white elastomer for surface
Barrier succeeded in applying 6” of polyurethane foam to the ceiling, and 3 1/2” to the walls in order to effectively insulate the facility in which temperatures range from 40°F to -10°F, plus a thermal barrier for fire protection and a high gloss white coating for an easily cleaned surface.
“Part of construction is to find the right man for the job. You’re going to have a tough job, you’re going to deal with tough people – you need to put the right guy in that mix to end up with a successful project. And time and time again, we’ve been able to do that with Barrier Roofing. We’ve gone through some very difficult projects together, in Canada, the continental U.S. and Mexico, and we know Barrier will do what they say they will do, which is something that is not common in this industry. So we’re very excited to be in a relationship with Barrier.”
- Langley, BC – 119,000 sq. ft.
- Airdrie, Alberta – 123,000 sq. ft.
- Tracy, CA – 130,000 sq. ft.
- Salt Lake City, UT – 143,000 sq. ft.
- Morris, IL – 189,000 sq. ft.
- Monroe Township, NJ – 170,000 sq. ft.
- Mira Loma, CA – 200,000 sq. ft.
- Atlanta, GA – 143,000 sq. ft.
- Dallas, TX – 154,000 sq. ft
- Laredo, TX – 54,000 sq. ft.
- West Palm Beach, FL – 143,000 sq. ft.
- Mexico City – 175,000 sq. ft.